The Best Pellet Grill
The summer months are currently upon us which means one thing: It is time for grilling season! There is no better time to spend outdoors and have an authentic barbecue cookout on a grill, creating such delicious food fueled with smoky taste that is delicious.Grills are fantastic for a variety of food, most specifically meat of course, but there are a variety of fish and vegetables that can be cooked on the grilled that taste incredible.
These days, it can be difficult to know which grill to buy on the market, simply because there are so many to choose from. It can be hard to know which ones to look at, and which ones to avoid. This is where we come in. We have created a guide for you about the best pellet grills on the market today.
The reason we have decided to look at pellet grills is that they are better for the environment, and also offer that authentic wood-smoke taste, rather than the meat covered in charcoal and lighter fluid. So, which grills are the best? And more importantly, which one should you buy? Check out our product list below.
What to look for in a grill
Before we get to the finalized product list below, we wanted to share with you what it was exactly that we looked for in a grill to lead us to these conclusions.
The first thing we always look for is ease of use. You want to buy a grill that anyone can master, especially if you do not have much experience. So, we looked for grills with digital inputs that you can simply set the temperature and walk away. These are easy to maintain and also offer a thorough cook.
The next thing we looked for is ease of cleaning. You want a pellet grill that is easy to clean, so it is not a hassle every time you are done using it.
You also want a pellet grill with options to grill, smoke, and barbecue, and that can get really hot or just at a simmering level. You want one that is versatile.
Below we have listed, in our opinion, the five best pellet grills on the market today. They vary in features, price, and overall look. We hope that you find one that can suit your needs.
Z-grills Wood Pellet BBQ Grill and Smoker with Digital Temperature Controls
The first pellet grill up for review is the Z-grills Wood Pellet BBQ Grill and Smoker with Digital Temperature Controls, a very popular grill online today.
The Z-grills Wood Pellet BBQ Grill and Smoker with Digital Temperature Controls comes with a lot of features to enhance your grilling and outdoor eating experience. We have included the list below:
- Comes from the Z-Grills brand, known for making high quality products while still at affordable prices
- Can either be purchased with 450 square inches of space, or for a bit more, 700 square inches of space
- Has a hopper capacity of 20 lbs.
- Comes with durable wheels that can handle all terrains, making going mobile a breeze
- The cover on the grill is made to be completely rustproof and the grilling racks are also immune to developing rust
- It is an easy-to-use system, that allows everyone to grill like a professional
- Equipped with an electric feed system that is fully automated
- Able to maintain any temperature from 180° to 450°, depending on what you are cooking
- 7-in-1 system allowing you to do all of these things: sear, grill, smoke, braise, roast, bake and barbecue
- This grill comes with two 20 pound packs of oak pellets with the purchase
- Uses 100% hardwood oak pellets, made in the US, that are much better for the environment than gas or charcoal
- Comes with a money-back guarantee within 30 days if you are not satisfied
- It also comes with a 3-year warranty should anything go wrong
- 7-in-1 system to do a variety of cooks
- Rustproof cover and grills
- Heavy-duty wheels to take mobile
- Easy to use
- Just input your temperature and cook
- Comes with great warranty
- Comes with 2 bags of pellets
No cons, simply an amazing grill
We believe the Z-grills Wood Pellet BBQ Grill and Smoker with Digital Temperature Controls is one of the best grills on the market. This is a perfect sized grill for any family, and is very durably made. It comes with a cover that is fully rustproof, and is equipped with all-terrain wheels so you can easily move it from one place to the next.
From using smoke wood pellets, you get an authentic grilled and smoky taste to whatever you are cooking, as opposed to a charcoal and lighter fluid taste. This feels like an authentic smoker that is reasonably priced.
This is a user-friendly system and we actually could not find anything wrong with it. The best thing is if you do not enjoy it, you can return it and get a full refund.
Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill
The second product up for review is the Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill.
The Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill comes with a lot of features to enhance your grilling experience and deliver you delicious food. We have included them below.
- Affordable price of this grill well under $1000
- Comes with a pellet auger dispenser that is fully automatic
- When it is needed, the auger works and then shuts down when fully finished
- Cleaning up has never been easier as there is a can that easily cleans out all the ash
- Pellet hopper that comes with this grill has a large capacity, meaning that over time, you will fill it less; this also allows for a much smokier cook
- Ensures that you will have to purchase fewer pellets as they will last over a longer period of time
- Dimensions of this grill are 19.5” by 22” of grilling space
- Also a smoking and warming rack on the grill measuring 6” by 24” for a much more detailed cook
- The rack surface area measures 573 square inches.
- Large hopper capacity, of just over 18 lbs. of pellets
- Once set up, the overall weight of the grill is around 140 lbs.
- Put on wheels so you can easily move it around the backyard from one place to another
- There is a digital temperature readout to let you know the temperature inside, and there is also a temperature setting system so you can set the precise temperature you want
- Easy to clean
- Comes with digital readout
- Can set the temperature
- Easy to move on wheels
- Improved flavor
- Comes with smoking rack
- Holds a lot of pellets
Ash accumulates a bit too much inside the smoker
We can safely say that the Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill is a fantastic grill to purchase for that authentic smoky taste. This is a high-quality grill that you can easily set the temperature you want on the inside, and it will perform it accurately. The smoking rack is a fantastic addition and the food we have grilled has tasted great. This is an easy grill to use with great features.
We did find the ash accumulated a bit much on the inside, and we had to hit it with a hammer to clean it out thoroughly. Other than that, it is a perfect grill at an affordable price.
Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill
The next best pellet grill up for review is the Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill, one of the most popular grills available online right now.
The Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill comes with a lot of features, enhancing the grilling experience and providing you with a thorough, delicious cook. We have included the features below:
- A higher priced grill on the list
- Large grilling area of 646 square inches
- equipped with the Digital Elite Controller
- This features an LED display that shows you the temperature on the inside, and that you can control
- Think of this grill as an outdoor oven that you can control simply by choosing the temperature that you want
- Fueled by hardwood pellets that are 100% pure and much better for the environment
- Equipped with an electronic auto-start ignition system
- This comes with grill grates that have been coated in porcelain
- What sets these porcelain-coated grates apart is that they are super easy to clean, and are not going to be a hassle to remove and get the grime off
- Legs are much wider than previous models, providing added stability
- this grill measures 22” by 54” by 49”, and it weighs 150 lbs.
- No propane or charcoal needed
- Comes with Digital Elite Controller with LED display
- Starts easily
- Can clean easy with porcelain grill grates
- Has a lot of space on which to cook
- Very stable
- Durable and heavy
- Very accurate cooking
We believe the Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill is another of the best grills on the market right now. We are absolutely in awe of the Digital Elite Controller and the specificity of the temperature you can get. This is a highly accurate system, with a full LED display; you can set the temperature and see on the inside.
One of the best things about the Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Series Wood Pellet Grill is that it is so easy to clean. The one turn-off about this grill may be the high price point, but we believe it is totally worth it with the incredible quality you are getting.
Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler
The next product up for review is the Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler
The Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler comes with a lot of features to enhance your all-round grilling experience during the summer months. We have included the features below:
- Extremely affordable price
- Comes with a total cooking surface that measures around 700 square inches
- Iron grids on the grill have been coated with porcelain, making them very durable and able to last a long time
- Known to be easy to clean, especially after a lengthy period of cooking with a lot of fat and grease
- Burning system on this grill is able to be digitally controlled, so you can set the temperature you need depending on what it is you are cooking
- Fueled by 100% natural wood pellets, making this environment friendly and able to last a long time
- Has a range of temperature from 180° to just over 500°, so you can choose what is going to be best depending on what you are cooking
- Measures 41” by 26” by 43”, and weighs around 118 lbs.
- Can digitally set the temperature
- Fantastic size
- Runs on natural hardwood pellets
- No propane or charcoal required
- Heavy duty
- Durable design and construction
- Easy to clean
- Cannot set temperature in 25° increments, only in 50°
- Could arrive in better packaging
We think the Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler is unbelievable, especially at such an affordable price. The thing we love most about this grill is that it feels technologically advanced, and you can digitally set a temperature inside.
There is no need for charcoal or propane, so it is very economical to run and much better for the environment. One thing that was annoying is that you cannot set the temperature in increments of 25∂, which would be a lot better for a variety of recipes.
The Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler is going to provide you with a great cook and is a very durable product at this affordable price point.
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill
The final pellet grill up for review today is the Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill.
The Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill comes with a lot of features to enhance your grilling experience. All of the features are listed below:
- Unbelievably affordable price
- Comes with open flame technology, making it a lot easier to start and pre heat the grill to get cooking right away
- Comes with both 110 AC or 12 Volt abilities and has adapters that are able to handle three power options, depending on your location
- Comes with legs that are completely portable and foldable to set it up basically anywhere
- These legs also can be handles to take it mobile, making it incredibly easy to take from place to place
- Great for a tailgating get-togethers or parties, as it is so easy to set up and no hassle
- Embedded with “Sense-Mate” technology that is a sensor that can know thermal levels, always knowing the grill temperature
- Perfect for camping, hunting, on a boat, at a musical festival, and so much more
- measures 32” by 16” by 21” and weighs just over 57 lbs.
- Affordable price
- So easy to take on the road
- Fantastic size
- Great for mobile
- The legs are also handles
- Works great
- Able to get a great temperature
- Inexpensive to operate
Temperature reading could be a bit more accurate
We believe the Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill is one of the best portable grills on the market right now. This grill is simply fantastic! We found it easy to use, easy to take mobile, and most important, it cooks great. The only con we found is that sometimes the temperature reading was not entirely accurate, and this portion of the device could be updated easily in a future model.
If you are looking to cook on a grill when camping, or looking for something to take to a festival or tailgate party, the Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill is definitely one that you want to look at. It is cheap to run and also cheap to buy in the first place. Even if you want to use it in the backyard, it is going to work great.
All five products above, though different, offer a way to grill at home and are easy and fantastic to use. We believe that these five products are going to deliver an outstanding performance without breaking down on you.
Stay safe this summer while grilling and we wish you all the best as you cook delicious meals!