If you are looking for a grill that is going to change your summer experience, we recommend looking outside of the usual. We find many people decide just to purchase a gas grill because everyone else seems to have one.
But did you know there are many different types of grills that will save you money in the long run, and that can cook with much more versatility? The type of grill we are talking about is the pellet grill, which is available across the internet and in a variety of stores.
What is a pellet grill? Pellet Grill Brands
So rather than using propane gas or charcoal to fuel the grill, pellet grills use small wooden pellets to heat up your food. Featured on almost every pellet grill is a digital electronic input control, just like an oven, where you simply have to enter the temperature you want on the inside and automatically, the correct number of wooden pellets needed will be transferred to the flames.
This makes it easy to cook with, and you never have to babysit it. They can range in temperature usually from 100° all the way up to 500°, and you get that authentic delicious smoky wooden taste in your meat.
So, what pellet grill should you buy? What are the best pellet grill brands? Below we have featured some of the top pellet grill brands, as well as one of their most popular products. We believe that by doing this it is going to get you closer to making a final purchase decision.
The first brand we are going to be focusing on is Pit Boss. The specific product within their brand is the Pit Boss 71820FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler.
- Cooking surface measures a substantial 820 square inches of space
- Surface has been coated with porcelain, making it very strong and durable, and also easier to clean than many on the market right now
- Main grid is made of cast iron which is rustproof and very strong to last a long time
- Comes with a full temperature control system that you can just set the temperature you want on the inside, and let the grill work its magic
- Has an LED readout display so you can see what the temperature is on the inside at all times, so there is never any fear of overcooking or overheating the food you want to eat
- temperatures range from 180° all the way up to 500°
- Measures 50” by 25” by 48” and weighs a total of 141 lbs.
- Heavy-duty grill, built to last a long time
- Very versatile grill; you can use it for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising, searing and baking for a variety of various foods
- Can also use it directly over an open flame to have an authentic feel and taste
- Comes with a removable upper rack
- Strong frame
- Very easy to use
- Very accurate
- Competitive price
Uses a lot of pellets compared to others on the market right now
The product under camp chef is the Camp Chef PG24 Deluxe Pellet Grill.
- One of the most elite digital control systems on the market
- Ability to grill, bake, braise, smoke, and barbecue any food
- From 160° to 500°
- Cooking area of 570 square inches
- Comes with a lever that you pull, that easily cleans out all of the ash
- Great price
- A lot of fantastic features
- Really keeps the temperature going
- Easy to clean
- Easy to set up
- Large cooking area
Ashes do get into bottom, must vacuum them out after every fourth or fifth time
Other brands of pellet grills on the market right now are Traeger and The Green Mountain; both of them come with a variety of products that are very unique and offer a great cook.
The best thing about pellet grills is that they are easy to use and offer you a great finished product every time. They are also more versatile than the conventional charcoal or gas grill, and you can get more than just the basic barbecue flavor they offer. We think pellet grills are the future of grills and if you really want to grill this summer, you should consider buying one.